Challenges sift the wheat from the chaff.
That’s their gift.
They make you decide if you want something bad enough
or if you can live without it.
They force you to pull harder for an outcome
or realize it’s not that important.
They get you to lean in harder
or forget about it altogether.
It’s that simple.
It’s either, “Fuck it! I’m doing whatever it takes!”
or “Forget it! I’m using my energy somewhere else!”
When I look at my life’s biggest challenges – when I got divorced, quit corporate, set up my coaching, 2020 for crying out loud! – I had to decide not to get bitter, not to play the victim and, instead, channel my energy into the best decision.
To stay fighting where I was or fight for something I wanted more.
When it comes to you, what challenge are you in?
- Being underestimated by your peers at work?
- Being passed on from being promoted?
- Getting turned down for that job you really wanted?
Now ask yourself, “Am I seeing this for the gift that it is?”
Challenge reveals what you truly want.
If you let it.
- You can prove your peers wrong or stop caring what they think.
- You can take it as a sign to do something else or prepare more effectively next time.
- You can use it to gain feedback or assess if that job was what you really were meant for.
Look at your options and instead of feeling painted into a corner or letting it grind you down, take the empowered position and CHOOSE what you want more.
And stand by that decision.