Since When Did Little Dreams
Have a dream? Is it the kind of dream that gets you so fired up that your skin tingles? Or is it one of those ‘realistic’ or ‘practical’ dreams?
I see this happen all the time, especially in women.
We don’t dream big dreams because:
- We’re afraid of failure, so it’s better to place it safe and small
- We don’t know how we would achieve it and why bother when we’re already swamped.
- We don’t want to let other people down or feel embarrassed if we don’t quite reach our goal.
- Why waste time with playful exploration when our self-doubt and insecurities are so used to guarding the door.
- We’ve dreamt big before and it didn’t happen, so it simply feels like setting ourselves up for disappointment again.
- Do I need to go on?
It might not feel like a big deal, especially if you’ve gotten used to getting 75% of what you want, but it couldn’t be more important. How are we going to change the world if our dreams hardly make a sound?! If they let out more of a whimper than a scream?
So come back to who you know you can be. Who you were born to be.
What would that woman dream of?